Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Il Bacio

2181 Murray Hill Road.
Cleveland
, OH 44106
(216) 231-5977
www.ilbaciorestaurant.com


Il Bacio has been around for a year or so now. I have to say I was extremely disappointed the first time I dined there shortly after their opening . The other night I gave Il Bacio another try, and I heard that they switched chefs, so I was ready.
I absolutely love the petite space of the restaurant. With its dim lighting, light colored walls, and the dark wood bar, it is just perfect. The night we visited they had a gentleman playing the Mandolin the whole time we were there, which added to the comfortable surroundings.
The service was perfectly attentive and not pushy or overbearing at all, this can sometimes be the case in smaller restaurants.
We started with the Prosciutto di Parma and fresh Mozzarella appetizer. The Prosciutto was nice and thinly sliced as were the disks of Mozzarella, served with a light drizzle of Olive Oil and crushed Oregano. We then chose to split the Arugala Salad, simple and refreshing. The salad arrived dressed with just Olive Oil and a pinch of salt, and a lemon on the side. Once we gave the lemon a squeeze, the salad came together perfectly.
Next, I ordered the Veal Scallopine served with roasted potatoes and Asparagus. The Veal arrived as thin medallions that were grilled wonderfully with just a simple citrus and natural jus. The potatoes were crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and seasoned just right.
My companion ordered the Linguine with Roasted Salmon, which was served with chopped tomatoes and a light cream sauce. The linguine was perfectly al dente and the sauce was just the right consistency, not too heavy and not too light.
We finished with the house made Tiramisu that we were told was the owner Antonino Calandra's mother's recipe. The Tiramisu was creamy and sweet, although the dusting of the cocoa I thought was a little heavy handed. It was served with little cookies and chocolates at the base of the footed glass. The Tiramisu was the sweet finish we were looking for to complete our delightful dining experience.
I am so pleased that Il Bacio worked out its kinks from the last time I dined with them. I am looking forward to sitting out on their sidewalk patio this summer, sipping on wine and nibbling on their luscious offerings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun. it's good to read about another great restaurant in little italy. (it's difficult to know what places to try in that neighborhood, as there are so many, and the quality/price can vary greatly.)