Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bistro On Lincoln Park

2391 W11th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
216-862-2969
bistroonlincolnpark.com

There has been a lot of talk of this new little bistro in Tremont lately. I have heard good things and bad, so I had to check it out. It is situated in the space that is notorious for short lived restaurants so hopefully they will withstand the current economic situations in addition to their location.
Bistro on Lincoln Park had no problem accommodating our party of five for an early reservation on a Saturday evening, which was good for us, but it did make me a bit nervous...
We arrived promptly for our 6:30 time slot, and were greeted with some confusion as to where our reservation was and when. I did find a bit odd seeing as one our party was already seated.

Anyway, to my surprise the restaurant was very sharp. Blonde wood floors and light walls kept the space very open. The lighting was dim, but I think I am just partial to darker decor.
The gentleman taking care of our table was very personable and attentive.

After drinks I ordered the Spanish Black Bean Cake to start.
My appetizer arrived and I was pleased with it. The cake itself had a very nice flavor and had just a hint of spice. I thoroughly enjoyed the Cilantro cream and the creme fraiche that topped off the cake as well.
Some of my companions ordered the Onion Soup Gratine made with Venison broth. I found the soup palette pleasing, but I think I was expecting a deeper flavor.
Next I ordered the Duck Confit, served with Crispy truffled Potatoes, Bacon Lardons, and Wild Mushroom Fricassee. I have been ordering duck dishes more and more lately and since my companions were ordering most of the other items, I figured this was another good time.
The duck was good. The skin was crisp and the meat was tender and juicy. It was served with the "Wild Mushroom Fricasse", which I found to be quite thick and salty. Maybe that is what the chefs were going for, but I was put off a little and it definitely over powered the potatoes and the Duck for that matter.
All together my experience at Bistro On Lincoln Park was a good one, although I was not necessarily blown away by the food. If I happen to be in the area and in the mood for a few drinks and a bite I may stop back, but I don't think I will be making a special trip any time soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with your assessment! My meal was ok as well, but I did have a little food envy when I tried the hanger steak. The company was outstanding though!