Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tom's Seafood Restaurant

3048 St. Clair Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
(216) 771-1928
www.tom-seafood-restaurant.com

I am always open to trying a new Asian cuisine restaurant. I have not heard anyone talk about Tom's Seafood Restaurant, and I have passed it often so the other night we gave it a try.
You walk through the glass doors into a large open dining room. Only about three tables were occupied early on this Tuesday night.
We started with tea of course and ordered Crab Rangoon, Pan Fried Dumplings, and Spring Rolls. All three were not that exceptional; as a matter of fact the dumplings had a weird flavor to them. We also ordered the Egg Drop and Wonton soups. The Wonton was very bland and unexciting. But, the Egg Drop was quite tasty and flavorful. We then ordered the Ong Choy with preserved tofu sauce, the Shrimp and Scallop with Black Bean sauce hot plate, and the Beef with Pan Fried Noodles. The Beef with Pan Fried Noodle dish was nothing compared to Siam cafe's version. The flavors were lacking and the beef had a certain flavor to it that I just didn't care for. The Shrimp and Scallop dish was pretty tasty and I really liked the Black Bean Sauce. The Ong Choy was a nice dish also, but it didn't have much to it, although I had not tried Ong Choy before, I have to say I prefer it's cousin the Bok Choy. The meal was finished with sliced oranges. The sweet citrus was a perfect conclusion to the meal.
Tom's Seafood Restaurant had its good points and it's bad points. I don't think I will be in any rush to return, but I am glad I got to try another one of Cleveland's Asian restaurant offerings.

1 comment:

Laura in Paris said...

Those dumplings are typical Beijing staple food! Jiao zi, fried, or cooked in a soup. Thise in RiTan park (center of Beijing) were the best ... I know a restaurant in paris where they make them to perfection ... Le Palais du Sourire (rue de Bievere).
Bon appetit.